It's been a challenging start to year for investment markets around the world.
Higher than expected inflation, along with quickly rising interest rates, and the uncertainty of the Russian war hasn't been a great combination. Since 1 January 2022, the Australian market (All Ords) is down 9%, the US market (S&P500) is down 18%, and the US Tech market (NASDAQ) is down 24%. To help us cut through the noise, headlines and worries, Verse Founder Corey Wastle sat down with Tom Schubert, the Managing Director at Drummond Capital Partners to answer the below questions:
- What's been the biggest influence on markets in recent months?
- Why are rising interest rates having such an affect on markets?
- Are tech stocks now a long-term opportunity buying opportunity?
- Are we likely to have a recession and what would this mean for markets?
- What should we be prepared for in the short-term?