Verse CEO Corey Wastle was joined by Tom Schubert, Managing Partner at Drummond Capital Partners for a wide ranging conversation on the US and Australian economies, how recession expectations have shifted, and what's been driving returns on sharemarkets, as well as defensive assets such as cash and bonds.
In this video, they cover:
- Why the US sharemarket has posted strong gains in 2023.
- How the US has 'threaded the needle' on interest rates, inflation, unemployment and GPD
- Are we headed for a 'soft landing' or a recession?
- A forward look at interest rates in Australia moving into 2024.
- How cash and fixed income investments are once-again attract to many investors.
If you feel like you'd like to talk with your Verse Adviser about the current market & or economic conditions, and any potential impact on your personal strategy, feel free to get in touch and we'll make time to chat.